Parsimonious Swank? The Naming Of A Blog...


You are probably asking yourself, 'What in the heck is 'parsimonious'?'

Simply put, it means 'cheap'.  But cheap isn't exactly what I wanted to convey when I chose the name of my blog.  I knew I wanted something unique; a word that wasn't being overly used by every other blogger under the sun.  Not that there is anything wrong with that - it just wasn't what I wanted to do.  :)

Since my blog is all about DIY and reusing objects for a swankier purpose, I needed to convey the frugal side of it so that's why I chose Parsimonious.

Adding 'Swank' to the end was a no-brainer.  I was born and raised in the south, Alabama to be exact and 'swank' is a word that we use regularly.  We love all things swanky (which in Alabama means, fancy). 

Cheap and Fancy turned into Parsimonious Swank.  

How did you come up with your blog name?  

No comments:

Post a Comment