Red Velvet Mini Cakes


Oh yea, I made red velvet mini cakes!  It couldn't have been simpler to put together - just 3 ingredients and a minute in the microwave, and you have cake!  Mini cake!  For one!  <high five!>



I can't believe I hadn't made them before. Just 2 boxes of cake mix mixed together in a ziptop baggie and you have the base for many mini cakes. The secret is using 1 box of Angel Food Cake Mix. Doesn't matter what you mix with it; you could mix chocolate, devils food, lemon, whatever - just make sure the other box is Angel Food Cake. Mix your 2 boxes of cake mix in a baggie and shake, shake, shake.






I used about 1/2 cup of mix (although I could have used more) and approx 3 tbsp. of water. Stir together and pop in microwave for 30 seconds. You will most likely need to pop it back in for another 15/30 seconds depending on your microwave.





The only icing we had in the pantry was chocolate. As much as I love chocolate, I just couldn't bring myself to use store bought chocolate icing on a red velvet cake. My Big Mama would turn over in her grave!

 I could have made something but really, it wasn't that much cake and I didn't see the need to tire myself. ;)  So reaching in the pantry, I find a jar of marshmallow cream.  Yes!




I have to be honest. It.was.heavenly. 



Perfectly portioned, sweet enough but not too much to make a huge impact on my thighs...all in all a pretty great recipe. 

It made a LARGE amount of mix so it should last a while too.  
Pretty swanky, huh?


{Link-Ups}
Creations By Kara
Handy Man, Crafty Woman
My Sweet Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment