Mango Chicken


A couple of weeks ago, my neighborhood Winn-Dixie had a fantastic sale on chicken.  Needless to say, I went a little overboard.  Even if a person likes chicken, it's hard to eat for every meal - especially when those meals consist of the same tired recipes...over and over and over again.  

I needed a pick me up so off to swagbucks I went!  I found what seemed to be a tasty recipe called Mango Chicken.  I love Mangoes.  And, I have all this chicken...so why not, right?!  

Well, I'm so glad I did.  The kids are glad I did and the hubs...well, he's glad I did too!  yay me!  

It started out simple enough...


mango chicken
Chicken, Sugar Snap Peas, & Mango.  :)

Here's the rest...

2 tsp of chopped ginger
3 green onions chopped
1/2 – 2/3 cup of soy sauce
a few dashes of teriyaki sauce
a dash of sweet rice cooking wine (optional)

1. Combine soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, chopped ginger and scallions in a ziplock bag.   
2. Add chicken cubes or strips to sauce and refrigerate overnight (or at least a couple of hours).
3. When ready to cook, place a nonstick over med-high heat adding a couple of tablespoons to the pan.
4. When chicken is cooked through, stir in the snap peas and mango.  Don’t stir too much - we don't want bruised mangoes!  :)

Cook about 10 minutes.  Super delicious - if you make this, please come back and let us know how it turned out!!  Happy eating!

*sorry, I actually forgot to take a pic after - but next time, I promise!  



No comments:

Post a Comment