Easiest Bread Recipe Ever

I never knew how easy it was to make your own bread (without a machine).  That task was always reserved for the Big Mama's and the Nana's of the family.  It seemed to me that it took them days to make it.  Once it was done and the house was filled with the smell of fresh baked bread, and I'd just about lose my senses.  

Now that I'm older, I realize the power they wielded.  They wanted us to think it took them days and days and that baking bread required some sort of magic not given out so readily to little snots like me.  So, when I happened upon a 5 minute Artisan Bread recipe, I grabbed it up greedily.  Surely, no one could make bread so easily.  

I'm happy to say this was the easiest.recipe.ever.  And yummy too.  These pictures are from the very first batch I made a couple of months ago.  Since then, I've started adding all sorts of things to my bread; cheese, onions, poppy seeds, dried fruit, etc.  It's truly versatile and tastes really good too!  

Oh, I have also since bought a really good bread pan - so now my loaves are normal looking (as my children say..).








 

2 comments:

  1. My husband had a friend whose father made bread in Lyon, France. She told me how and then gave me the recipe name: Gor-Mey-Do rolls. When she showed me the flour, she pointed again and said, "Gor-Mey-Do rolls." That's right, it was...Gold Medal Rolls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omgoodness! That's hysterical!! Thanks for sharing that with me!! :) :) :)

      Delete